CHICAGO, January 8, 2024 (Newswire.com) - Sifter Solutions, Inc., a Food as Medicine technology company, is proud to announce that it has received FoodMed certification from Validation Institute. Sifter Solutions is the first and only grocery product data provider to meet the high standards of the Institute, achieving certification for the efficacy of its Food as Medicine programs through health-attributed grocery product data, algorithms, and technology.
Poor diet is a major driver of poor health and excess healthcare spending in the United States. Sifter Solutions' mission is to make healthy eating easy for all Americans, leading to improved dietary intake and lower healthcare utilization. The Sifter platform is used by grocery, healthcare, health insurance, and food benefit clients to build tools that help members and patients easily find grocery foods that match unique and complex health needs, from diabetes to heart disease to food allergies. Using Sifter data and technology, clients can create:
– Medically tailored grocery lists
– Custom-approved product lists (APLs) for food benefit cards
– Mobile scanning tools for in-store grocery shopping
– Diet-tailored recipes
To obtain FoodMed certification, Sifter Solutions underwent an in-depth, evidence-based review to demonstrate the effectiveness and accuracy of the entire platform and methodology, from front-end to back-end:
– Health-attributed grocery product data – Sifter’s library of 250K+ food products generates accurate search results, product recommendations, and recipe ingredient swapping. Proprietary quality assurance methodology ensures the most complete and accurate grocery food and nutrition database, making medically tailored diet adherence as simple as scanning the UPC of any grocery product.
– Technology – Sifter's proprietary technology systematically matches a product fit with a patient or client's diet across more than 200 dietary filters comprising food allergens, medical and lifestyle diets, medication classifications, nutrient attributes, sustainable practices, and certifications, as well as "excludable" ingredients.
“I am proud of the Sifter team and the work they do each day to achieve our mission of making healthy eating easy," stated Judy Seybold, MS, RD, LD, Chief Nutrition Officer for Sifter. “Our innovative solutions are further strengthened by the prestigious FoodMed certification, demonstrating that we're a valuable and trusted partner within the Food as Medicine movement."
Validation Institute is the leading authority in authenticating performance claims from health solution providers. Its latest initiative, FoodMed Certified, scrutinizes and confirms the efficacy of nutrition-oriented tools and solutions designed to improve health outcomes. Boasting founding members spanning the entire healthcare landscape, including Albertsons Companies and Uber Health, the FoodMed Certified program helps organizations develop a better understanding of how Food as Medicine programs can influence patient and client outcomes.
About Sifter Solutions: Sifter Solutions' nutrition technology bridges the Food as Medicine gap between consumer health priorities and grocery store foods. Designed for food retailers, health and health insurance platforms, and food benefit card providers, our technology automates grocery product eligibility at the UPC level for unlimited combinations of diets, food preferences, and ingredient exclusions. Sifter's tech stack includes in-store scanning for wider product discovery and recipe customization by diet. The full suite of Sifter solutions can be integrated into client platforms through dynamic APIs or turnkey white-label implementation. For more information, visit SifterSolutions.com.
About Validation Institute: Validation Institute provides unbiased, data-driven insights on healthcare solutions and services by validating performance claims made by solution providers and educating purchasers to drive transparency in the marketplace and maximize cost-savings. Visit https://www.ValidationInstitute.com for more information.